A record number of businesses represented Scilly at the 2016 Cornwall Tourism Awards at the Headland Hotel in Newquay last night with the Hell Bay Hotel on Bryher picking up a Gold award.
Now in their 15th year, the awards saw an increase to 195 entries entering 25 different categories. The awards celebration was enhanced by an entertaining presentation from lyricist and cricket enthusiast Sir Tim Rice who shared anecdotes from his collaborations with Andrew Lloyd Webber and Elton John.
After 6 months of judging and 125 business visits, the winners of this year’s Cornwall Tourism Awards have been announced.
The results from Scilly are below:
- Hell Bay Hotel, Gold in Hotel Of The Year
- World Pilot Gig Championships, Silver in Tourism Event And Festival Of The Year
- Juliet's Garden Restaurant and Bar, Silver in Café And Tearoom Of The Year
- Karma St Martin's, Bronze in Dog Friendly Business Of The Year
- Teania, St Martin's, Bronze in Self Catering Property Of The Year
- Tresco Spa, Bronze in Spa And Wellbeing Experience Award
- Carnwethers Country House, Bronze in the Sustainable Tourism Award
The Isles of Scilly Tourist Information Centre was also highly commended at the awards. Congratulations to all the businesses on Scilly that did the islands so incredibly proud at this years awards.